Dear West Florida Ministry Network Family,
2021 is off to a fast start. We are all excited to see things begin to move back to a more normal state. After consulting with you and our Leadership Team, the decision was made to move forward with a one-day Annual Network Gathering (Formerly known as District Council) this year. We will gather on Tuesday, May 4, at Generations United Church in Niceville, Florida, for what promises to be a great day to Encourage, Resource, and Equip you. We will celebrate God’s amazing favor to us as a Network as we cast vision for the future. I am enclosing several things that will help you prepare for our time together.
A poster to be placed in your church. If you are a pastor, please place the poster in a visible place in your church and announce the gathering to your people.
Registration forms for credentialed ministers and church delegates. Ministers may register online at wfldag.org or return these forms to the Network Office no later than April 16. Church delegates may not register online, but must return the Church Delegate Registration Form with appropriate signatures either by mail, fax (850) 482-3579, or email (email@example.com) in order to be eligible to vote. The pre-registration deadline is April 16. Please register in a timely manner so we can make all necessary preparations.
An overview of some of the activities that will be taking place.
A list of area hotels. We have special rates secured with all of the hotels on the list.
Our Team is working hard to make this time together a meaningful event for our entire Network. Please do your part now and make this a priority on your schedule. Our Team’s efforts will be in vain if you are not there to benefit from all that is offered. We all need these times together, now more than ever.
Rese and I look forward to seeing you and spending some time together in worship and fellowship. Please feel free to contact any of our Team if you have questions or need help in any way.
In His Service,
Thomas L. Moore
Thomas L. Moore
West Florida Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God
Annual Network Gathering Activities
1. Continental Breakfast – Join us for breakfast and fellowship in the lobby before we get started.
2. Memorial and Communion Service – This will be a special time to remember those who have gone home to be with the Lord since our last District Council. Pastor Juno Douglas will bring an encouraging word to these families as well as the Network. We will also share Communion in this service.
3. Business Session – The business session will include updates from 2020 and annual financial reports as well as some ratifications and information about upcoming ministry opportunities.
4. Cajun Feast Lunch – We will share a great lunch together that is being provided for us by the Louisiana Ministry Network in appreciation for our response to them after Hurricane Laura. This is going to be good!
5. Missions Connect Reception – This will be a time of fellowship with our missionary family as well as a time to enjoy good desserts and coffee after lunch.
6. Bible Engagement Project Launch Party – This new discipleship resource offers the local church digital resources to help people read and understand the scriptures so they can become more like Jesus and live radically changed lives. During this session, we will hear from Jon Catron, Senior Director of the Bible Engagement Project, who will offer insight to pastors and leaders on accessing this powerful resource.
7. Ministers’ Health Session – In these stressful times, we all need to keep ourselves healthy mentally, physically, as well as spiritually. Dr. Ryan Darrow, Pastor of Overland Park First AG and member of the AG Mental Health Committee, will share several practical tips to help us make sure we do not get overloaded. You don’t want to miss it.
8. U-40 Dinner – A great time of fellowship is being planned for all of our ministers under 40. Dinner will be provided on site. Please register if you plan to attend.
9. Fine Arts Showcase – Prior to the Ordination Service, we feature a sampling of the awesome talents of the students from across our Network.
10. Ordination Service – This will be the capstone service of this year’s Gathering. We look forward to sharing with the candidates in our 2021 Ordination Class on this momentous night in their ministry journey. We will also be celebrating other ministers who have received their credentials for the first time or have advanced to license during this year. I am looking forward to sharing a message that God has given me for this special service.
11. Kids’ Gathering & Nursery – We will have Kids’ Gatherings & Nursery for ALL services and sessions.