Website Evangel Church
POSITION TITLE: Pastor of Kids Ministry + ONE
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Salaried, full-time
PAID VACATION DAYS:10 office days and 3 Sundays per year
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
Evangel Church is looking for a dynamic kids pastor who is driven and is highly relational. This candidate is excited about the opportunity to build a great ministry rather than managing what someone else has built. You will partner with our new lead pastor who has a track record of explosive growth and is committed to doing anything short of sin to reach lost kid’s. This is a “plus one” position meaning that this candidate will lead our kids ministry (nursery, preschool, elementary) and one other area of their choosing within their giftedness. Candidates can pick between groups or serve teams. This “plus one” area would be for the entire church, not just kids ministry.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Pray for, support, and be an extension of the vision and values of the lead pastor and Evangel Church.
- Create environments where kids can know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference.
- Work and collaborate with the lead pastor to develop and execute a growing and engaging kids ministry.
- Partner with parents in discipling their kids to become the best version of themselves.
- Own and execute the Sunday and Wednesday night kids experience.
- Be a support and show an interest in kid’s personal lives by eating lunch with them at school, attending games, recitals, plays, graduations, etc.
- Collaborate with kids ministry leadership team to develop high energy, fun, and engaging programming for kids.
- Disciple kids through healthy small groups.
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteers who are passionate about kids and seeing them reach their full potential.
- Plan and oversee events and trips that help build the comradery between kids.
- Engage in the community through area elementary schools and develop effective outreach opportunities.
- Maintain, expand, and coordinate the kids ministry presence on social media platforms.
- Oversee kids ministry serving and outreach opportunities in the community and schools in the surrounding areas.
- Manage the annual kids ministry budget.
- Administrate Planning Center for weekly services and scheduling volunteers.
- Oversee, train, and support our part-time nursery and preschool directors.
PLUS ONE (Choose one of the two “plus one” options below)
Overview of Groups Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead pastor to develop a discipleship system that moves people from simply attending to belonging and growing in their relationship with God.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all adult small groups.
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, and care for small group leaders.
- Effectively advertise group semester launch days.
Overview of Serve Teams Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead pastor to develop a serving system that moves people from spectators to participators.
- Help people identify their spiritual gifts and passions and inspire them to leverage those for the Kingdom of God.
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, and care for first impressions team (ushers, greeters, connections, guest welcome center, parking lot).
- Oversee scheduling of first impressions serve teams.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Follower of Jesus. Teachable spirit.
- Leads through volunteers.
- Goal-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience and engagement on social media platforms.
- Self-starter. Able to see where improvement is needed.
- Team-oriented. Able to thrive within the framework of a church staff.
- Organization and Communication skills.
- Fun to be around and work with.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe this position description sounds like a good fit, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ONLY RESUMES SUBMITTED TO THE EMAIL ABOVE WILL BE REVIEWED.
- Cover Letter – Tell us about yourself and passion for this area.
- Resume (PDF or Word Document)
- Photo (family photo if married)
- Preaching Videos (if applicable)
- Social Media links
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com