Our church experienced a very healthy pastoral transition in September of this year. It’s beloved pastor of 18 years retired. Knowing some big changes were needed, we hired Pastor Ryan Kramer who was a former staff member. He left on great terms to pastor in Washington state where they saw supernatural growth and ministry effectiveness. We honor our past, but we are excited about the future and what God has for our church moving forward through Pastor Ryan’s leadership.
Evangel Church is looking for a pastor who is driven and interested in building a great ministry rather than managing what someone else built. This is a “plus one” position meaning that this individual will lead our student ministry (middle school, high school, and college) and one other area of their choosing within their giftedness. Candidates can pick between groups, serve teams, or media. This “plus one” area would be for the entire church, not just student ministries.
- Collaborate with student ministry leadership team to develop high energy, fun, and engaging programming for student services and small groups.
- Lead and train leaders to engage in relational ministry through groups.
- Optimize the communications strategies through social media, emails, and texting.
- Engage in the community through area middle schools, high schools, and universities and develop effective outreach opportunities.
Overview of Responsibilities
- To create environments where students know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference.
- Work and collaborate with the lead pastor of Evangel Church to develop and execute a growing and engaging student ministry.
- Train, direct, and connect with the student ministry leadership team to build energy and momentum in leading students relationally.
- Maintain, expand, and coordinate the student ministry’s presence on social media platforms.
- Owns and executes the Wednesday night experience (programming).
- Oversee student ministry serving and outreach opportunities in the community and schools in the surrounding areas
- Coordinate camps and retreats and lead a team to plan the activities and programming.
- Manage the annual student ministry budget.
PLUS ONE (Choose 1)
Overview of Groups Responsibilities
- Work with the lead pastor to develop a discipleship system that moves people from simply attending to belonging and growing in their relationship with God.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all adult small groups.
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, and care for small group leaders.
- Effectively advertise group semester launch days.
Overview of Serve Teams Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead pastor to develop a serving system that moves people from spectators to participators.
- Help people identify their spiritual gifts and passions and inspire them to leverage those for the Kingdom of God.
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, and care for first impressions team (ushers, greeters, connections, guest welcome center, parking lot).
- Oversee scheduling of first impressions serve teams.
Overview of Media Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead pastor to develop a media system that reaches people through media and creatively communicates the gospel.
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, and care for our production team.
- Oversee all visual and graphic media including but limited to video production, live stream, graphic design, website, and social media.
- This position requires expertise in video editing and graphic design.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Follower of Jesus. Teachable spirit.
- Leads through volunteers.
- Goal-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience and engagement on social media platforms.
- Self-starter. Able to see where improvement is needed.
- Team-oriented. Able to thrive within the framework of a church staff.
- Organization and Communication skills.
- Fun to be around and work with.
STEPS TO APPLY
All interested candidates MUST communicate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. If you are interested in submitting a resume, please email it to the email address above. Please include a photo (family photo if married), links to you preaching on video, and what PLUS ONE role you are interested in. Only USA citizens living in the United States will be considered. This is a full-time position including relocation.