The mission of Royal Rangers coincides with the mission of the church, as given by Christ in Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV) – Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The mission of Royal Rangers is to provide churches with a platform to evangelize boys for Christ, equip them to become the next generation of Christlike men, and empower them for service as lifelong servant leaders.
- EVANGELIZE – We will reach the world with Gospel of Jesus Christ by bringing together a community of men and boys who will connect with others through a variety of activities guys commonly enjoy.
- EQUIP – We will train and resource our adult and junior leaders to effectively apply the Royal Rangers program within their areas of responsibility.
- EMPOWER – We will provide opportunities for men and boys to improve their churches and communities through the practice of servant leadership.
The Royal Rangers program utilizes seven methods to guide boys on their journey to Christlike manhood. The manner in which each method is employed may vary from one church to another according to the style and culture of the church but all seven methods are represented in some way in every outpost. Additional information on the seven methods can be found in Chapter 4 of the Royal Rangers Leader Manual.
Building healthy, Christ-centered relationships among men and boys
Men and boys build relationships side by side as they do fun things together. In Royal Rangers, boys have the opportunity to develop lasting, healthy relationships with other boys as well as men of multiple generations.
Bringing men and boys together around a variety of activities that provide something for every boy
Boys today have a variety of interest – sports, technology, outdoor activities, trade skills, arts, and more. The Royal Rangers ministry features a vast collection of resources to support these diverse interests. Outpost leaders are encouraged to plan a wide range of activities to appeal to the many interests of today’s boy.
Inviting boys to connect and belong to a community of Christlike men
Every boy needs to know he is significant and has a valuable role to play in something big and important. The various uniforms worn by Royal Rangers men and boys serve to identify them as a part of a worldwide organization that is building the kingdom of God in the hearts and minds of men and boys all around the world.
Providing every boy with a pathway for growth and recognition
The Royal Rangers advancement system provides a systematic discipleship & leadership development process that provides boys with a roadmap to Christlike manhood. Through a combination of Bible studies, leadership lessons, and skill development boys develop a complete image of manhood as modeled by Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52 where “Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
Growing boys into Christlike manhood through a systematic, guy-specific discipleship process
The Royal Rangers program provides boys with a picture of Christlike manhood and process for pursuing it – a lifelong effort that requires endurance, patience, and persistence.
Developing servant leadership and personal growth within a small group environment
The Royal Rangers program provides boys with opportunities to learn leadership skills and practice them in a small group setting. As they get older, boys play an increasing role in planning and leading the activities of their group.
Engaging boys in service to God, their family, church, and community
Service to others is a central part of the Christian faith. Therefore, any effort to help boys grow into healthy Christian men must include regular opportunities for serving others. Royal Rangers outposts are regularly engaged in activities that service their communities as they seek to make the world a better place.
Our Mentoring Process
The Royal Rangers program is built on the premise that learning should be fun and interactive. Learning in Royal Rangers therefore follows a “hear-see-do-teach” mentoring process where boys hear instruction on a topic, sees the skill demonstrated, and are given the opportunity to do it themselves. Then, as their skills improve, they are given the opportunity to teach others, further developing their own understanding of the material.
The Ideals of Royal Rangers
The ideals of Royal Rangers represent the core principles by which we are defined. Our ideals are reflected in our pledge, code, motto, and the points of our emblem.
The Royal Rangers Pledge
“With God’s help, I will do my best to serve God, my church, and my fellowman; to live by the Ranger Code; to make the Golden Rule my daily rule.”
The Royal Rangers Code
A Royal Ranger is:
- ALERT – He is mentally, physically, and spiritually alert.
- CLEAN – He is clean in body, mind, and speech.
- HONEST – He does not lie, cheat, or steal.
- COURAGEOUS – He is brave in spite of danger, criticism, or threats.
- LOYAL – He is faithful to his church, family, outpost, and friends.
- COURTEOUS – He is polite, kind, and thoughtful.
- OBEDIENT – He obeys his parents, leaders, and those in authority.
- SPIRITUAL – He prays, reads the Bible, and witnesses.
The Royal Rangers Motto
“Ready” – Meaning of Motto: Ready for anything! Ready to work, play, serve, worship, live, and obey God’s Word.
The Golden Rule
“In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.” (Matthew 7:12 NIV).
The Points of the Royal Rangers Emblem
The design of the Royal Rangers Emblem is based on the points of a compass to represent the direction and pathway God has given us through His Holy Word. The colors of the points have the following meaning:
- The four GOLD points represent the four ways a boy grows. The Royal Rangers program has been designed to help boys grow mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially, following the example of Jesus Christ in Luke 2:52.
- The four RED points represent the four core beliefs of the Church: Salvation, Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and the Second Coming of Christ.
- The eight BLUE points represent the eight points of the Royal Rangers Code. A Royal Ranger is Alert, Clean, Honest, Courageous, Loyal, Courteous, Obedient, and Spiritual.